Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading Edge Solutions (EAGLE) II
Contract Number: HSHQDC-13-D-E2069
Effective September 6, 2013 for Functional Category 1 – All Small Business Track
About EAGLE II
EAGLE II is a multiple award, Indefinite-Delivery Indefinite-Quality (IDIQ) contract that serves as the department-wide platform for acquiring IT services with a five-year base period of performance and one, two-year option period. The vehicle is estimated to have a maximum contract value of $22 billion over the seven-year period of performance.
About Pyramid Systems, Inc.
Pyramid Systems, Inc. (Pyramid) is a Woman-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business (WOSB, SDB) who has partnered with federal and commercial clients for 19 years to deliver superior Information Technology (IT) and consulting solutions. Our capabilities include extensive experience in developing, re-engineering, and maintaining federal mission-critical IT systems, with a focus on the full software lifecycle:
- Business analysis; design; development; test; integration; deployment; and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) services
- A focus on Agile software development methodologies, as well as Iterative, Rational Unified Process (RUP), and hybrid methods
- Innovative cloud-migration of mission-based applications
- COTS-based and custom development and integration
- Experience with a range of technical platforms, tools, and operating systems, from COBOL/Mainframe to more current Microsoft or Oracle-based solutions
Additionally, Pyramid – a CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3-rated organization – offers Quality consulting experience in helping both large and small companies, as well as government offices, achieve CMMI, Lean Six Sigma, and related internationally-recognized quality and business process standards.
Pyramid and EAGLE II
Pyramid is an EAGLE II award holder for Functional Category 1 – All Small Business Track. Under Functional Category 1 – All Small Business Track, Pyramid is positioned to provide a full range of services and products in support of developing, implementing, and maintaining technology to support the DHS mission and business functions across the entire lifecycle of a program.
The following services are included in EAGLE II Functional Category 1 – All Small Business Track:
- System design, development, implementation, and integration
- Software design and development
- Operations & maintenance
Pyramid Program Manager
For information regarding IDIQ contracts, customer satisfaction, or DHS EAGLE II teaming coordination, please contact our designated EAGLE II Point of Contact.
Vice President & Pyramid Systems Teaming Coordinator for EAGLE II
Pyramid Quality Assurance Program
Pyramid has been an SEI CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 3 organization since 2008 and was successfully reappraised in December 2011 and October 2014. In our CMMI-DEV Level 3 environment, we ensure standardized best practices are followed across our entire project portfolio. Clients are able to take advantage of the by-products and outcomes of CMMI-DEV Level 3 discipline: risk reduction, accelerated delivery, increased visibility, and cost reduction through early error identification.
All quality assurance and quality control activities are managed and monitored by our Quality Management Group.
Pyramid Core Team Members
The Pyramid Core Team Members for EAGLE II are:
- Business Integra (BI), a CMMI-DEV Level 3 and ISO 9001:2000 certified company with 8(a) status. BI brings 11 years of government experience, with federal departments such as Treasury, Labor, DHS, and NASA. BI customers in the commercial market include Walmart, Google, and Bank of America. BI has Gold Partner status with Microsoft.
- Cogent Solutions (Cogent), an 8(a)/HUBZone/SDVOSB company with 13 years of experience providing technical services to government customers, including multiple agencies and divisions of DHS, USGS, Army Corps of Engineers, and Federal Maritime Commission. Cogent offers the following core competencies and practice areas that are directly relevant to FC1 Task Orders: Information Assurance and Security, COOP/Disaster Recovery, Systems Integration, Software Engineering, Help Desk Management. Cogent holds Top Secret Facility Clearance.
- Powersolv, a CMMI-SVC Level 3 and ISO 9001:2000 certified systems integration company with 8(a) status. Powersolv has been active in the government market for 15 years, with state and local customers such as the State of Maryland, Arlington County (VA), Montgomery County (MD), Fairfax County (VA), and Prince George’s County (MD), and federal customers such as the EPA, DOJ, IRS, Navy, Air Force, and FDIC. Powersolv specializes in areas which are highly relevant to Functional Category 1 Task Orders, including systems integration, data management and warehousing, business intelligence, mobile applications, and full lifecycle applications development using the Powersolv Application Development Methodology, which is based on Agile principles.
- Zantech IT Services, Inc. (Zantech), a CMMI-DEV Level 2 and ISO 9001:2008 certified IT systems engineering and IT solutions company with 8(a) status. Zantech is exclusively focused on supporting the needs of federal government customers. Zantech has successfully completed over 20 government projects and built a full-time employee base of approximately 30 professionals since company inception six years ago. Government customers include DHS, NASA, Commerce, HUD, HHS, and Department of Education.
Awarded Task Orders
For a listing of all Task Orders received under this contract, please visit DHS EAGLE II Web Page.
An example of Pyramid’s current or recent work for federal clients:
Tenant Rental Assistance Certification Systems (TRACS) for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Pyramid is currently re-engineering, developing, maintaining, and operating five major TRACS business subsystems. TRACS is HUD’s largest mission-critical system, automating the payment of a $10 billion portfolio (a quarter of HUD’s annual budget) of rental subsidy disbursements. It interfaces with seven other, major systems, both internal and external to HUD. Our O&M responsibilities include corrective maintenance, nightly batch processing, database administration, production release support, infrastructure upgrade support, and resolution of Tier 3 service desk issues. Our results include:
- Delivered four major releases while maintaining system functionality, ensuring business continuity for end users, and performing operational and maintenance support
- Re-engineered and redeveloped 40% of TRACS sub-systems to deliver richer user experiences, replace obsolete software, improve efficiency, reduce IT operational costs, and adapt to regulatory and statutory requirements
- Excerpts from Pyramid’s most recent customer feedback:
“The Contractor maintains excellent relations with the customer as well as other contractors working on related projects or infrastructure support… The members of Pyramid’s TRACS team have gained a reputation as involved and knowledgeable staff supporting the goals of their customer and the agency at large.”